2017-18 Awards Sponsors
Thank you to the following individuals, businesses and organizations for contributing towards our Honor Roll and Award of Excellence awards ( in no particular order):
- Bay Roberts Dental Health Centre
- Allan Morgan And Sons LTD
- Bethel Pentecostal Church
- Moores & Collins Law Office
- PDG Exporters Ltd
- Pentecostal Tabernacle
- Port de Grave Harbour International Ltd
- Investors Group - Dawson and Associates
- Team Norman/EXIT Realty Oceans Edge Shoppers Drug Mart
- Next Generation 4.0 LTD (Tim Horton’s)
- NewLab Engineering Ltd
- St. Matthews Anglican Church
- Bank of Montreal
- Bay Roberts Cultural Foundation
- H&G Fisheries Ltd
- Town of Bay Roberts
- Morrow, Morrow and Crosbie Law Office
- Town of Cupids
- Atlantic Grocery Distributors
- Land & Sea Hydraulics Ltd.
- Baccalieu Trail Animal Hospital
- Royal Canadian Legion Bay Roberts
- The Royal Canadian Legion Brigus
- Dawe Enterprises
- Vernon Petten Enterprises Ltd
- Harbour Breeze Lounge & Catering
- Charlotte and Wayne Morgan
- Lewis & Gertrude Dawe Memorial Scholarship Fund
Amalgamated Academy would also like to thank the following for sponsorship of subject area and memorial awards:
- Amalgamated Academy Student Council - Top 3 Overall Averages in Grade 7, 8 and 9
- Cranford’s Auto Body Services - The Mary Cranford Memorial Award for Excellence in Music
- Vanda Maunder Dance Studio - The Vanda Maunder Award for Personal Excellence (Grade 9)
- Cyril and Alice Hawe - The Wade Hawe Memorial Award for Excellence in Mathematics (Grades 8 & 9)
- Ashco Fishing Ltd. - The Tyler Bradbury Memorial Award for Excellence in Visual Arts
- Baccalieu Players Inc - The Baccalieu Players Theatre Award
- Betty Jerrett - The Jerrett Award for Excellence in Social Studies (Grade 9)
Amalgamated Academy Year End Scholarships and Awards
(As of June 2018)
Honor Roll - Awarded to students who meet the following criteria:
- Receives an 85% average in Language Arts, Mathematics, Science, Social Studies, and Core French or Français.
- Has an A standing (80% or greater) in each of the five core courses (Language Arts, Mathematics, Science, Social Studies and Core French or Français).
- Grade 7 students must have an A standing (80% or greater) in 5 of the following 7 subjects: Music, Home Economics, Technology, Health, Physical Education, Art, and Religion.
- Grade 8 students must have an A standing (80% or greater) in 6 of the following 7 subjects: Music, Technology, Art, Health, Physical Education, Home Economics, and Religion.
- Grade 9 students must have an A standing (80% or greater) in 5 of the following 6 subjects: Health, Music, Physical Education, Art, Technology, and Religion.
Each recipient receives a $20 award.
Award of Excellence – Awarded to students who meet all the criteria for Honor Roll but in addition also receives a 95% average in Language Arts, Mathematics, Science, Social Studies, and Core French or Français.
Each recipient receives a $50 award.
Subject Area Awards – Presented to students who achieve the highest marks in Grades 7, 8, and 9 in Core French, Francais, Language Arts, Mathematics, Science, and Social Studies. In courses with common curriculum for both English and French Immersion students, the top 5 students are awarded. In courses where curriculum is not common, the top 4 students in English and top student in French Immersion are awarded.
Each recipient receives a $10 award.
The Amalgamated Academy Student Council Award – Awarded to the top three overall averages in Grade 7, 8 and 9. First place recipient receives $50, second place $35 and third place $20.
The Vanda Maunder Award for Personal Excellence – Awarded to one Grade 9 student who strives to achieve her/his personal best. This award recognizes the student’s excellent work ethic. Student must not be on the honor roll to receive this award. The recipient receives a $50 award.
The Todd West Memorial Award for Personal Excellence – Awarded to two students (one in grade 7 and one in grade 8) who strive to achieve their personal best. This award recognizes the student’s excellent work ethic. Students must not be on the honor roll to receive this award. Each recipient receives a $50 award.
The Baccalieu Players Inc. Theatre Award – Awarded to two Grade 9 students who demonstrate outstanding dramatic ability in Drama Club and/or Improv Team. Each recipient receives a $25 award.
The Fry Family Foundation Junior Leadership Award – Awarded to a Grade 9 student who exemplifies outstanding leadership qualities within their school and home community. No monetary award is handed out for this award.
The Mary Cranford Memorial Award for Excellence in Music – Awarded to four students (in any junior high grade) who exhibit a strong commitment to their musical development and who show leaderships through their participation in extracurricular music ensembles. Each recipient receives a $25 award.
The Tyler Bradbury Memorial Award for Excellence in Visual Arts – Awarded to four students who demonstrate commitment, creativity, craftsmanship and enthusiasm in Art.
The Wade Hawe Memorial Award for Excellence in Mathematics – Awarded to ten students in Grades 8 and 9 (five per grade) who receive the highest mark in Mathematics in their grades. Each recipient receives $10.
The Jarrett Award for Excellence in Social Studies – Awarded to one male and one female student in Grade 9 with the highest marks in social studies their Grade 9 year. Each recipient receives $50.
Note: All of the awards and criteria listed above are subject to change and Amalgamated Academy policies!